FITSPIRATION

Friday 18 April 2014

We all need a kick u our bottoms sometimes to get motivated and with summer right around the corner I think now is the right time to do so as Bikini season is upon us Yikess!, & If your anything like me your probably thinking a little toning is needed before we can slip into that bikini.It is fair to say most of us have started a fitness program and then slowly quit or slightly fallen of the track but the best thing to do even if that does happen is to get straight back into your routine. I find that I find it easier to stay on track when I plan and organise myself . Here's a few tips on how to stay motivated in other words a bit of fitspiration ladies ;) .


Numero one : SET GOALS but don't forget to be realistic after all it is going to become your new lifestyle and if you make it to extreme it is more likely you will not stick to it for long. It has been proven that if you it takes around 21 days for you to build a habit so stick through it and it will get easier. 

Numero two :  MAKE IT FUN do exercises you enjoy as once again your more likely to stick to them. I personally love running and pilates . There are plenty of sports out there so your not just limited to the gym if that's not your scene. Personally I tend to do my cardio at the gym and pilates at home . I have been doing pilates for over two years now , I find it really strengthens your body , works your core and is great for toning your body amongst many other benefits such as helping you achieve a better posture , better balance and body awareness. 

I discovered Cassey Holmes a few years back now , she has great Youtube exercise Videos , DVD's as well as a website with recipes, tips , exercise plans etc. I personally have found her very helpful, she's  fun to workout with , keeps her videos enjoyable yet still make's sure your left sore the next day ;). 

Numero three: BE FLEXIBLE as important as it is to stick to a routine  if your too busy or simply don't feel like up to it  and yes well all get those days have a day off. It's important to have rest days , it let your muscles and body  recover. 


Numero four: DIET here is a misconception that a lot of people seem to have " as long as I do massive amounts of exercise I can eat all I want " no no no , unfortunately that is not the case. There needs to be a right balance between the two in order for you to achieve the results you want. Personally I am a firm believer that the approach to weight loss is 70% diet and 30% exercise, eating a healthy balanced diet not only helps you loose weight but makes you feel better and more energetic which is what I found from personal experience, now having said that it is important not to completely restrict yourself just treat yourself less often to the less healthy foods you crave which for me tends to be cookies as to which I have a very unhealthy addiction to! Below is a few of the things I have been including and excluding in my diet to get my bikini bod ready just in time for the summer  season.

What to avoid : 
No candy, baked goods, or ice cream. Ideally, no sugar! ( no cookies sayy what?!!?) , No fizzy drinks.
No white bread or rice, No eating 2-3 hours before bed.

Breakfast Options
Porridge with fruit, Natural Yogurt with granola, Breakfast Smoothie. Egg Omlette 

Lunch & Dinner Options
Chicken & Veg ,Fish & Veg,Soup, Salads

Snacks
Fruit. Nuts, Greek Yogurt , Hummus and veggies, Protein Bars

I use these websites to find healthy and easy recipes : 




38 comments:

  1. This post was so helpful, especially the links to the healthy recipies!<3

    lameyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an awesome post dear :) !! xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing these great tips! I need to reduce my sugar intake.

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. reducing sugar intakes makes such a huge difference!
      xx

      Delete
  5. Haha i'm the same with excuses - any reason not to exercise ;)

    Josie xoxo | Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog! Wow, keep up the good work!

    xCan you please visit/follow mine & my 14yr olds twins blog x
    P.s Do you want to follow each other's blogs on GFC? I'll follow you back ;) x

    www.fashionsmama.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much ! and yes of course I will have a look at yours :) xx

      Delete
  7. Great post!! So motivational! Great tips!!
    I've recently started going to classes at my local gym as it makes me really push myself!
    Keep up the good work!!
    Little Beauty Blog
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it makes you feel so much better about yourself! thanks doll you too xx

      Delete
  8. I've been in gym and it's the best lifestyle ever.
    nice inspo!

    get some sporty chic inspiration
    http://styleonmel.blogspot.com/2014/04/on-your-sport-chic-team.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love fitspirations :D Difinitelly need some :)

    www.izabielaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great! love your blog!
    following u<3 Keep in touch.

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice pics! great post! have u a nice week end!♥ ♡ ♥ ♡
    Do you want to follow each other on instagram? I'm @chicstreetchoc!
    DISCOVER THE CHIC CITY GUIDEs CHOC
    CHIC STREET CHOC

    ReplyDelete
  12. I recently discovered pilates and I've been loving it. Sometimes though it's not starting, but maintaining a fitness regime that's hard. Thanks for the motivational post! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw i love pilates too! and yes your right there!!
      xx

      Delete
  13. Hello hun:)
    This post is really nice,love it:)))
    Maybe we could follow each other ? Let me know on my blog!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you! i will have a look at your blog for sure :) xx

      Delete
  14. Great post and you are so right.
    Have a great day honey
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is great inspiration! Definitely need to get back into exercise xo

    Sheworewhat

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is very useful post, thanks for sharing!

    Happy Easter,
    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had the biggest burst of motivation this morning, I got up and went a massive walk!

    Hannah xo | The Beauty Drawer

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is great inspo. I've been doing loads of workouts from Xhit on youtube at the moment, they're my favourite!
    I'm a new follower :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this post! Recipes are awesome! Im going to be filming my first Youtube Video soon about my Imats NY Haul, Sigma giveaway at the end of the video...check it out soon! ;)

    XO
    http://www.cynthiasnydose.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links I love checking out your blogs! :) xx